- To advance and teach the religious tenets, doctrines and observances associated with the Islamic faith;
- To preach and advance the teachings of the Islamic faith and the religious tenets, doctrines and observances associated with Islam;
- To advance the Islamic faith by providing spiritual and educational resources to Muslims and non-Muslims – nationally and internationally;
- To advance and teach the religious tenets, doctrines and observances associated with the Islamic faith by establishing a facility to be used for religious programs, workshops and Qur’aan studies;
- To establish and maintain a complete public Islamic library, containing important books and audiovisual resources or materials in various field of Islamic knowledge in multiple languages (i.e. Arabic, English, and Urdu languages);
- To publish and distribute a regular periodical, which will advance and teach the religious tenets, doctrines and observances associated with the Islamic faith; and
- To operate in all respects as a charity pursuant to the Income Tax Act (Canada) (the “Act”) and to be guided in its operation by the requirements set out in the Act.
Our goal is to make Calgary a model for other Islamic cities in North America, by focusing on the youth we hope to develop strong leaders with a proper Islamic background that will begin their own projects that will take care of the various needs of the community.
We also hope to develop our activities in a fashion that can be easily duplicated by other communities so that we can become the standard for excellence in North America and even the world.
Registered Charitable Status
Islamic Information Society of Calgary (IISC) is a non-profit and Registered Charitable Organization in Canada. At the year-end IISC will provide Official Donation Receipt for tax purposes. Please refer to CRA website for more details regarding ‘Charities and Giving’ and taxes in Canada.
Business# 871722617RP0001, registered dated 19th April, 2001.
Registered Charitable status, effective May 1, 2012.